An assessment is used to help determine your level of safety risk, your strengths and needs.
Classes meet court mandated requirements and are state approved.
In counseling you learn:
- Learn new coping skills that can help you change the way you communicate.
- Learn how increased self–awareness can help you cope with negative emotions and recognize your strengths.
- Learn how to stop controlling behaviors and learn new ways to be a partner and parent.
- Learn how to increase self-esteem and build positive changes in your life that will last.
- Learn to handle feelings in a constructive way
- These are weekly meetings in a small group setting.
- Meetings are in a safe location.
- Classes last an hour and thirty minutes